Fire contained to garage, saves home

Provided Photo
Provided Photo

VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – Honey Creek Fire Department responded to a report of a garage fire just after 11 p.m. on Thursday.

When fire officials arrived at 5879 Sullivan Place, they were able to quickly put out the fire that was contained in the attached garage.

The fire was not able to spread to the residence. Officials report the fire started in the engine compartment of the vehicle parked inside the garage.

All occupants of the home were able to get out safely and no injuries were reported.

This fire has been ruled accidental but occupants are not able to stay in the residence because the power has been shut off at this time. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you confirm your email address and acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus