WABASH VALLEY, Ind. (WTHI) – The Energy Assistance Program of Western Indiana Community Action Agency, Inc. has limited funding available to assist low-income families whose energy service has been disconnected or those who have received notice of pending disconnect.
Eligibility is as follows:
- Household energy is in disconnect status or pending disconnect notice received
- New or existing WICAA Energy Assistance clients may apply
- Assistance is limited to $200 and if the bill is more, the client must pay the difference and bring in receipt and current bill
New clients must bring:
- Proof of all household income
- Current wage inquiry
- Unemployment statement and three pay stubs for everyone in the household 18 and older
- Social security cards for all household members
- Lease if renting
- Utility bills (bills must be in a household members name)
Applications for assistance will be taken on a first come, first served, walk-in basis.
Vigo County: 705 S 5th S. (South entrance), Terre Haute
Monday – Friday 8:30 to 11 a.m. and 1:30 to 3 p.m.
Clay County: 800 W. Jackson, Brazil
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Putnam County: 620 Tennessee, Greencastle
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.