LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – A meth lab causes an explosion inside a Lafayette home Saturday evening.
It happened around 6:15 Saturday night in the 24 hundred block of Roosevelt Drive. The Indiana State Police Meth Suppression Team worked for hours to remove hazardous chemicals from the home. Indiana State Police Trooper Wesley Ennis believes trapped vapors during the cooking process caused the explosion.
“So when the one pot ignites or the meth lab which ever method it is they’re using. When it ignites it ignites those vapors so they’re in a close area so when those vapors ignite they need somewhere to go and so they made a place to go by blowing that wall off the front of the house” said Ennis.
The tenant was inside the home at the time of the explosion.
She received burns to her body and face and was taken to an area hospital.
No other information about the tenant is known at this time.