Meth lab causes house explosion in Lafayette

WLFI Photo
WLFI Photo

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – A meth lab causes an explosion inside a Lafayette home Saturday evening.

It happened around 6:15 Saturday night in the 24 hundred block of Roosevelt Drive. The Indiana State Police Meth Suppression Team worked for hours to remove hazardous chemicals from the home. Indiana State Police Trooper Wesley Ennis believes trapped vapors during the cooking process caused the explosion.

“So when the one pot ignites or the meth lab which ever method it is they’re using. When it ignites it ignites those vapors so they’re in a close area so when those vapors ignite they need somewhere to go and so they made a place to go by blowing that wall off the front of the house” said Ennis.

The tenant  was inside the home at the time of the explosion.

She received burns to her body and face and was taken to an area hospital.

No other information about the tenant is known at this time.

WTHITV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you confirm your email address and acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s