Toddler hospitalized after ingesting materials used to make meth

KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – A toddler aged child was transported to an Indianapolis hospital Tuesday following a warrant service by the Knox County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies found a child had ingested materials used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.

Deputies arrested Richard Poe, of Bicknell, following the Tuesday incident. He was charged with five counts, including neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury.

“It’s alleged that the young child had consumed the meth residue,” said Knox County Sheriff Mike Morris. “The contents of it, the draino, the ammonia the acids, it can literally eat through your skin or whatever else.”

Sheriff Morris explained deputies intended to serve the warrant to Poe for a May 2014 incident involving methamphetamine. Poe was incarcerated the Knox County Jail and the Department of Child Services was called to investigate the incident.

The toddler’s condition was not immediately known.

blog comments powered by Disqus