Home damaged by early morning fire

evans-fire

VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – A home was damaged by an early morning fire.

It happened at 1 Monday morning. Firefighters were called to a home located at 6974 West Evans Drive.

That’s in southwestern Vigo County.

Crews found heavy smoke coming from the home and fire officials told News 10 the fire started in the chimney.

Due to the location, they had to truck water into the location.

The residents of the home made it out safely.

The fire chief tells us that smoke alarms alerted the family to the fire.